26 May 2022

You're The Zest

 


Hey, I'm back with another card using the Zesty Lemon die set from Lawn Fawn's latest release. I love a good pun and I knew this die set would be perfect for creating Punny cards for my friends and family.


I started off by die cutting all of the elements from the Zesty Lemon die set from colored cardstock. I then set about adding shading using distress Oxide inks. I used Squeezed Lemonade, Wild Honey, Twisted Citron, Mowed Lawn and Vintage Photo. I then added white gel pen highlights to help bring the Lemons and leaves to life.


I created a frame using the largest Outside In stitched scalloped rectangle and the second largest die from the Large stitched rectangle stackables. I added Squeezed Lemonade Oxide ink and a tiny bit of Wild Honey to color the frame.

I prepared an A2 cardbase with a piece of Watercolor Wishes Rainbow 6x6 paper pad and the added the frame using foam tape. I arranged the lemons and leaves and then started on the sentiment. I used Henry's ABC's to cut the word "Zest" which I ink blended with a mix of Twisted Citron and Mowed Lawn Distress Oxide ink. I then stamped "You're the" using Jessie's ABC's stamp set.



I'm thrilled with how this card turned out, so I'm entering this card into the current Lawnfawnatics challenge #125 "Dies Only"

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous. Can't wait to use my set.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so sweet

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is so adorable! I love the yellows which gives such a fresh and crisp vibe! Thank you so much for playing in the Lawn Fawnatics Challenge! Catherine

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I appreciate your comments.