24 May 2022

Floating by to say hi


Hey there, I am beyond exited to be sharing this card today. As soon as I saw the Flamingo Floatie die I knew I needed it. I wasn't sure how or why I would use it but that really didn't matter. When it dropped through my letter box, I made this card straight away and I'm totally loving it.


I started out with a piece of soft lemon cardstock which I cut using the Largest Stitched Rectangle Stackable die. I then used the Sunray Stencil with some Squeezed Lemonade Distress Oxide ink to create the background.

I then cut some Stitched Waves from a piece of blue card, I used the Largest of the Stitched Edge Rectangle Stackable so that stitched matched all around the card. I added some Salvaged Patina and Faded Jeans Distress Oxide to the waves and a few inky splatters using white ink and Blueprint Sketch Oxide ink.


The Flamingo Floatie was cut form hot pink cardstock and had some Picked Raspberry Oxide ink added around the edge to give some shade, I also used a white gel pen to add highlights. To create the sentiment, I started with white cardstock and blended Spun Sugar, Kitsch Flamingo and Picked Raspberry Oxide inks, I then used Henry's ABC's dies to cut the letters. I added the upper part of the sentiment a little jaunty to give the impression of them floating and the lower letter where aligned neatly at the bottom of the card.



I love this card so much that I am entering it in to the current Lawnfawnatics challenge #125 which is Dies Only!

4 comments:

  1. Really fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOOOOVE this card sooo much!!!! I love your creativity and design using only dies! Thank you so much for sharing your talent and for playing along with us at the Lawn Fawnatics Challenge! /Love, Karin

    ReplyDelete
  3. this card is so much fun! Love all the colors! Thanks a lot for playing with us at Lawn Fawnatics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh wow!! this is summer in a card! SO cool!! LOVE the rays behind the waves, too!! so amazing and pretty! thank you so much for playing along with the Lawn Fawnatics Challenge! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I appreciate your comments.