30 August 2016

Purple Clean and Simple

Tuesday already! How did that happen?
I hope you've had a good bank holiday and enjoyed some sunshine.


I recently applied for a position on a Guest design team and as part of the application was asked to create a clean ans simple card using the colour purple.

Me being me couldn't stop at one card and instead went for three.......


This first card was created with amethyst sparkle medium from Imagination crafts. I used a palette knife to spread it through a stencil from Paperbabe stamps. I Added a die cut sentiment which I cut with my Cricut Explore, I actually cut 2 of them, one in black and one in Purple so that I could create a shadow effect. A bit of black glitter washi tape and some matting and layering was all that was left to do.



For this next card I used a large Dragonfly stamp from Sheena Douglas at Crafters Companion (I think it's retired now) and a sentiment from Birthday wishes stamp set by Paperbabe Stamps.  I Flicked some diluted purple ink Memento lilac posies and added some bakers twine.


This card utilised the negative from the sentiment in the first card. I stamped it with pop dots stamp set from Paperbabe stamps and popped a piece of black card behind to allow the "thanks" to stand out. A little matting and layering and a few tiny black gems was all that I needed to add to complete the look.

It always amazes me how many different look you can create with 3 colours and a few stamps.

I hope you enjoyed today's post, I'll be back with more later in the week.
Tx

PS I got the position in the guest design team.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I appreciate your comments.