31 August 2016

Inkognito stamps on a magical canvas

I am very excited and couldn't to share these projects with you so here goes

This morning my order from Visible Image stamps summer sale arrive and I had to play right away.



I had a couple of old box canvases from my daughter bedroom that she had outgrown (they had bunnies on and she a bit EMO now, lol) I wanted a quick flat black background and stumbled upon a tin of BBQ spray paint and set about spraying the canvases.

While they dried I mixed some white acrylic paint with Lindys drop dead diva magicals and a little water to thin...... I was aiming for pouring cream consistency. I did this for each of the 6 colours in the set, I used a cocktail stick per colour to mix.

Once the canvases were dry I stamped the image and sentiment in Versafine ink and applied white embossing powder. A quick blast with my heat gun and I was ready for the splatting.



I headed outside to splat as I am so messy and had other projects on my craft desk. I used the cocktail sticks to flick the paint at the canvases, I ofund that tapping it on the end of a finger also helps get a different size splat!


I gave them a little blast with my heat gun to dry the paint and then hung them on the wall. So quick and easy and I think they are very striking.


I used the following products to make the canvases


Thanks for taking the time out to stop by Tx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I appreciate your comments.