20 October 2022

Altenew's Fairy Tale Florals Add ons - 3D Embossing Folder and Detailed Simple Colouring Stencil

Hey, there crafty friends, Terri here! Today, I am sharing 2 quick and simple cards using the NEW Fairy Tale Florals 3D Embossing Folder and Detailed Simple Coloring Stencil.  I adore the Fairy Tale Florals stamp and die set, so when Altenew released these add-on items, I was overjoyed. I'm always looking for new ways to stretch the items I own.

My first card uses a minimal color palette but has some added highlights thanks to Altenew's Gel Pens. The great thing about coloring stencils is that you can go as simple as you like, or you can step up your design by adding more colors or depth of shade.

Card #1

I used the Fairy Tale Florals 3D Embossing Folder to emboss a piece of Classic Crest Solar White 110lb Cardstock. I lightly sprayed the reverse with water before embossing — this helps to soften the fibers and allows for a deeper emboss. I then used the Detailed Simple Coloring Stencil to add Wisteria Ink to the flowers with the use of a Mini Ink Blending Brush. I also added some Citrus Burst Ink to the center of the flowers and then added Minty Mint to the leaves. I added metallic splatters using the Metallic Watercolor 14 Pan Set.

Quick and Simple Cards

The background was hot foiled using the Splatter Hot Foil Plate and Altenew's Brushed Gold Hot Foil Roll. While I had my hot foil machine out and heated up, I decided I would hot foil some sentiments from the Sweet Sentiments Hot Foil Plate and Die Set Bundle. The great thing about this set is that there is a coordinating die set that allows you to cut the foiled sentiment. You can also cut the sentiment into a two-part sentiment without hot foil if you wish.

Fairy Tale Florals 3D Embossing Folder and Detailed Simple Coloring Stencil

To assemble the card, I ink blended an A2 card base using Minty Mint Crisp Dye Ink. I then trimmed the Splatter Hot Foil panel to measure 4″ by 5.5″ and adhered this to the card base using Altenew's Ultra Sticky Double-Sided Tape. I decided to fussy cut around the embossed image and adhere it to the card using Instant Dimension Foam Tape.  I then added foam tape to the reverse of the sentiment and added it to the card.

To finish this quick and simple card, I decided to add White Gel Pen highlights to the flowers and leaves.

Card #2

My second card uses two colors for the flowers. I chose to keep the card very clean and simple, so it is easy to replicate. I again started by embossing onto Classic Crest Solar White 110lb Cardstock using the Fairy Tale Florals 3D Embossing Folder. To color the flowers, I used Blush and Sea Glass Crisp Dye Inks. I used the Mini Blending Tools to add the ink through the stencils, adding more color to the centers of the flowers and to the petals that were tucked behind others.

Quick and Simple Cards

I used Minty Mint Ink to ink blend the leaves; I like the leaves to be darker at the base and lighter at the tips. This is easy to achieve; I added more ink to the brush and used a heavier hand, which gives a beautiful effect. I added some metallic white inky splatters over the flowers and set them aside to dry.

Fairy Tale Florals 3D Embossing Folder and Detailed Simple Coloring Stencil

Using the Sweet Sentiments Hot Foil Plate and Die Set Bundle, I hot-foiled some of the sentiments in silver and used the coordinating dies to cut them out. I added some ink blended Blush Crisp Dye Ink to an A2 card base and then trimmed the embossed panel to 4″ by 5.5″ and adhered it with Instant Dimension Foam Tape. I then added the “Thanks” sentiment to the bottom right of the card.

These new add-on items can, of course, be used in conjunction with the Fairy Tale Florals Stamp and Die Set, here's a look at a card I made using all of the items together.

Fairy Tale Florals 3D Embossing Folder

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I appreciate your comments.