02 April 2021

Tie Dye effect with Spectrum Noir AquaTint Inks

Hey there, thank you for stopping by today. I wanted to share a couple of cards that I created using Spectrum Noir's AquaTint Ink pots.

Both of the cards were created using the same technique to create a faux Tie Dye effect. I started by laying out a length of string on to my glass mat, I then used a pipette to add drops of my chosen colours along the length of the string. Each colour was around 2" apart from the next, this allowed the colour to wick along the string.

I then laid the string on to wet watercolour card in a spiral effect and allowed the colour to bleed out.


SN Aquatint inks, blue topaz, macaroon, amethyst, rose quartz, moonlight and emerald green.
Sentiment -Crafty Roo Designs

For the second example I didn't wet the card as much, this created a more concentrated design.


SN Aquatint inks, Aquatint Fig, aquamarine and moonlight, Sentiment -Crafty Roo Designs

I wonder if you'll try this technique, if you do I'd love to see what you create.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I appreciate your comments.