02 April 2020

Cute Coaster Critters with Lawn Fawn and Spectrum Noir


Hey there Crafty friends, How are you all? I hope you are well and not going stir crazy during the Covid-19 lockdowns.  Today I am sharing a super cute card featuring Lawn Fawn's Coaster Critters.

I was lucky enough to get this set as a Mothers day present and couldn't wait to get inky with it.



The stamp set has a matching die set and an add on die, the add on die allows you to create a slider for the little carts, which is adorable. I used the MFT Extreme Black ink to stamp all my images.


Who else saves up their Neenah scraps? That stuff is like gold dust and I can't waste it lol. So as you can see I stamped the images on to my Neenah scraps and then used the coordinating dies to cut them.


Now I'm still new to the whole Alcohol marker thing and I'm not a colourist by any stretch but I decide to dig out my Spectrum Noir Illustrator markers for these image, as they are small it didn't feel to daunting.



As you can see I adde a little shading heee and there, I didnt want to put to much pressure on myself, I just wanted to have fun and make a cute interactive card.



Next I ink blended a piece of Neenah using Spectrum Noir's Water reactive Inks, I used Midnight, Fuchsia and Crushed Velvet, I blend using a cheap foundation brush as this gives me the smoothest the result. Once blended I spritzed with water to soften the look. I also cut and inked some hills using Lawn Fawn's Stitched Hillside Borders, I inked them with Spectrum Noir's Spring Meadow Water reactive ink.



I started to play with the layout of my card, once happy I take a picture with my phone before gluing it all together. I also cut the slide element using the die I mentioned above, it fits perfectly above the large roller coaster element.



To make the coaster carts slde I used 2 of MFT's slider elements, I taped them to a 5p coin with red tape as it's super strong, you need to make sure you trim it back and have no over hanging bits or the slide wont be smooth and could get stuck......ask me how I know lol


Once put together this is how it looks. I am SO SO happy with it, I have swooned over cards like this for a long time and wanted to make similar and now I have.


I can see me making lots more of these style of cards once I expand my craft stash to include lots of cute little stamp sets. I hope you've enjoyed today post, I'd love to hear any feedback.

Tale care, stay home and craft.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I appreciate your comments.