13 May 2019

10 ways with Altenew's Embossing paste

Good Morning crafters, today's post is a little different  than my normal 3 ways with post as I am sharing 10 ways to use Altenew's Embossing Paste.

I have been itching to get my crafty hands on this Embossing pate ever since Creativation. I have used embossing paste many many time before but as you know I am an Altenew addict, so need this in my crafty arsenal.

Heads up, this is going to be a big blog post but hopefully you'll bear with me and learn some new ways to use embossing paste.


1.Using it as a simple white embossing paste


So the most basic way to use embossing paste is straight up out of the tub.  Here I used it through a stencil and heat set it, You can leave it to dry naturally but heat setting lets the paste puff up a little which I like.


Colouring Your embossing paste

2.Mica powder


To achieve bright or light colours on dark surfaces adding mica powder to your embossing paste is a really cool option.  Remember all those little tubs you've got stashed away? Dig them out and get mixing them into your paste, I work on a glass mat and add a bit of paste and a sprinkle of powder and then mix. N.B you don't get the shimmer from your mica in this method.


3.Glitter


If you want sparkle, glitter is going to be your best friend. It not only adds sparkle but also gives a gritty effect to the paste.

4.Watercolor brush markers


Waterbrush markers can also be used to colour your paste, you wouldn't believe this is actually Altenew's Emerald water brush marker added to the paste, you can add as much or as little as you like. I like the softer look.

5.Alcohol Ink


Reach for the Alcohol inks or Alcohol reinkers you have and add a few drops to your paste, This is such a cool technique.

6.Spray Inks


Altenew's spray inks are one of my favourite products and adding them to the embossing paste is awesome. Unscrew the nozzle and add a few drops to the paste....



Using Embossing paste to adhere foil, embossing powder and gilding flakes

7.Gilding Flakes


Adding guilding flakes to your projects is a really fun thing to do, Here I adding embossing paste through a stencil and then gently put gilding flakes on top, once dry I used a soft paint brush to remove the ecess flakes.

8.Heat activated foil


Now this has to be one of the techniques I love the most.  Adding heat activated foil to dry embossing paste.  Let your embossing paste dry and then add your chosen foil on top, place between a folded piece of copier paper and run through a laminator.......Result is an awesome shiny raised pattern.

9.Embossing powder


How about adding embossing powder onto embossing paste? While wet sprinkle your chosen powder or pwders over the paste and then heat set with an embossing tool. 


Embossing paste as an undercoat to add bright colour onto black card

10.Undercoat


Lastly I stenciled onto black card with the embossing paste and left it to dry. I then placed the stencil back over the image and used Altenew's crisp inks to add colour, I used to do this with white pigment ink as a base coat but it ever seemed to dry fully and would smudge, thi sis now my go to method.


Phew, I told you it was going to be a big post. I hope I have given you some ideas and that you will look at embossing paste in a whole new way.

Thanks for joining me.


1 comment:

  1. Awesome ideas! Love your photo tutorial on using embossing paste! Totally creative!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I appreciate your comments.