30 April 2019

Dance like nobody's watching with Tonic studios

Good Morning crafty friends, today I am sharing a mixed media card I created using lots of Tonic and Nuvo goodies.

I was totally inspired by the awesome Jen Kray's post on the Tonic Global Blog and couldn't wait to get messy and make some art.


So how did I create this little beauty I hear you cry, let me walk you through the steps below.

I started with a piece of watercolour card measuring 4.52 by 6.5" and added some Clear water Aquaflow and spritzed with water. I then sprinkled some rock salt on top and gave a spritzed of the Pecan Peach mica mist and set it aside to dry.

I cut the butterfly and body from the Wings and things die set (listed below), these were coloured with Nuvo embellishment mousses in Aquamarine, Chai Latte and Coral Calypso.


I cut the word Dance from some greyboard using the Eat,Sleep, Repeat media die set and coloured with the mousses mentioned above.

Once the background was dry, I brushed off the salt (which I will keep for future use), I then rubbed some of the Coral Calypso and Aquamarine mousse around the edges to frame the background panel.

I adhered the butterfly and sentiment to the card using some wet glue. I printed the second part of my sentiment using a Dymo Label maker.



To finish the card off I added some Nuvo drops in Saddle bag (vintage) and Caribbean blue (gloss) 

Products used
Aqua flow - Clear Water
Embellishment Mousse - Aquamarine, Chai Latte and Coral Calypso
Nuvo Drops- Saddle bag (vintage drops) and Caribbean Blue
Dies - Wings and Things; Monarch and Princess wings, Butterfly and Dragonfly die, Eat, Sleep, Repeat Media dies
Mica Mist - Pecan Peach

All the products used can be purchased from Tonic's website https://tonic-studios.co.uk/ 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I appreciate your comments.