11 February 2019

3 ways with - Altenew's Pegboard Canvas Cover Die

Welcome to another episode of "3 Ways with"
Today crafters it's the turn of the Pegboard canvas cover die from Altenew

Where do I start with this die?  When I first saw it I wasn't sure if I needed it or what I would do with it to be honest.  As you know by now, an item needs multiple uses to earn a place in my craft room, after all thats the whole reason I started this "3 ways with" series.

After much deliberation I gave in and purchased it with the thought of stitching lots of patterns, but after a couple of days I realised that I could do so much more with it, today I will show you just 3 of the ways (I'll save the rest for another day)


Pegboard Background


One of the easiest ways to use the die is to create a background panel to sit behind your die cuts.  It's a great way to add detail to a white background without detracting from the main images.

I stamped my flower and leaves using the Beautiful Heart stamp set, I used Mocha, Rouge and Peach Perfect inks for the flower and for the leaves I used Mocha and Firefly.


The sentiment was stamped multiple times using Mocha and then mounted onto some card with a strip of Golden edge washi tape.

Stitched Canvas


This week I've been suffering with a cold and couldn't make it in to the craft room most days, so this project was perfect. I used the die to cut some thick white card and practised my stitching. I'm not sure if I will create a finished piece with it or just keep it as is, either way it was the perfect size for practising on.


Adding detail to die cuts


I thought it would be cool to add details to die cut pieces using the pegboard canvas cover die, I cut the Pegboard die and stamped onto it using the Bride to be stamp set


I then die cut the stamped images using the coordinating die set. I added the die cut pieces onto a card which I lightly inked with Firefly ink and splattered some white crisp spray ink and Rouge ink.


Well there you have it, The Pegboard Canvas cover die used 3 ways. As I said I have more ways to use it (another 3 in fact), maybe I'll do another feature o it in the future.

I have linked all of the products used below


For my stitching I used Duchess embroidery threads in the following colours as they were similar to the inks I used, I have added the colour they resemble in brackets.

6115 (Firefly)
674 (Mocha)
767 (Rouge)
312 (Peach perfect)

I hope you've enjoyed today's post, if you have any requests for items you'd like me to feature, then please do leave me a comment below.

If you want to catch up on previous "3 ways with" posts you can access them by clicking 3 ways with in the labels section on the right.

Have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I appreciate your comments.