04 June 2023

For My Queen Bee - Lawn Fawnatics Challenge #149

Hey there, It's been so long since my last post and a lot has changed in my life but the on e thing that hasn't is my love of all things Lawn Fawn. Today I am sharing an card which I am entering into the current challenge over at the 

The current challenge is a "Die only" theme, which I am really digging as I just received lots of new dies.


I used the following products to create my card:

- Magic Iris Beehive Add-on Dies

- Honeycomb Stencil

- Henry's ABC's Dies

- Jessie's ABC Stamp Set

- Pearlescent Vellum

- Stitched Rectangle Lawncuts Dies


I started by cutting a rectangle using one of the stitched rectangle Lawn cuts. I then used the Honeycomb stencil to  add a pattern in 3 places.

I die cut all of the images from coloured cardstock and added a little ink blending. The honeycomb was created by adding 3 shades of yellow, orange and brown ink over a yellow die cut honeycomb. I then added inky splatters in brown and white ink.

The stamped sentiment was white heat embossed onto black card and the die cut word was cut from yellow and ink blended, splattered and then mounted onto a black die cut to create a dropped shadow.


I cut the bees from yellow and black card, added some light ink blending before placing pearlescent vellum wings Beneath. All images had some highlights added with a white gel pen.

I used a brown textured cardstock to cut the branch and added a few green die cut leaves, which once again I added a little ink blending to.

I adhered the stencilled rectangle onto an A card base and then used various thicknesses of foam tape to add all of the die cut elements.

I am so happy with how this card turned out, next time I will turn it into a magic iris.


 

 

2 comments:

  1. Love the Sunshine card,all the dies and little Bees
    carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so cute! LOVE the soft yellows!! the background is adorable! love this card! thank you SO much for playing along with the Lawn Fawnatics Challenge! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I appreciate your comments.