05 August 2022

Altenew's Creative Cutouts: Moroccan Mosaic - Product Focus

Hey there, Terri here! Today, I am sharing two cards that show fun uses for the Creative Cutouts: Moroccan Mosaic.  If you haven't seen the Creative Cutouts before, let me tell you a little about them.

This set contains 3 pieces of 12″ x 12″ finely detailed laser-cut cardstock. It coordinates perfectly with our Moroccan Mosaic Stamp Set and Moroccan Mosaic Cover Die and will make the perfect accent on your paper crafting projects! Each piece is bright white, so you can color them in with your favorite medium.

Using the creative cutouts as a stencil

Creative Cutouts: Moroccan Mosaic

To create this card, I started off by cutting some 80lb white cardstock to measure 4.25 by 5.5. inches — classic A2 size. I then laid one of the Creative Cutouts: Moroccan Mosaic pieces over the card; this will act as a stencil.

I chose 3 metallic ink sprays, Frosty PinkFrayed Leaf, and Antique Silver. Working in a spray control boothotherwise known as a cardboard box (thanks for the tip, Lydia!), I started to add some spray using light mists in a diagonal motion. I started with Frayed Leaf, then added Frosty Pink, and lastly, just a little of Antique Silver.
Creative Cutouts: Moroccan Mosaic

Whilst the card panel was drying, I started to stamp my chosen sentiments from the Crafty Life Stamp Set. I opted for the Eat, Sleep, Craft, Repeat as this pretty much is my motto in life.

I stamped using Obsidian Black Ink and then used a trimmer to cut them down, leaving a little white border around the edges. I added foam pads to the reverse and added them to the card panel, trapping some black thread beneath.

I placed three enamel stars from the Green Meadows Enamel Dots Set around the sentiments – it adds a fun feel! I then adhered the panel to an A2 notecard.

I love how this card turned out, it has a really soft look, but the mixed media feel adds a little funkiness.

Using the cutouts with embossing paste
Creative Cutouts: Moroccan Mosaic

This next card was fun to make and only took around 10 minutes!

This time I worked on a 110lb cardstock, using the Creative Cutouts: Moroccan Mosaic stencil piece from the first card; “waste not want not,” as my Nan used to say.

I adhered the cutout to the cardstock, using washi tape on the reverse. I then added three small blobs of embossing paste to my plastic palette, leaving a little space between them.

Each blob of embossing paste then had some metallic ink spray added to it, I used Frosty PinkFrayed Leaf, and Warm Sunshine. I used a small palette knife to mix the colors into the paste, I love how easy it is to create my own custom colors; there is no need to buy separate pastes!

Creative Cutouts: Moroccan Mosaic

Using a palette knife, I added the colored paste through the Moroccan Mosaic creative cutout. I didn't want a particular pattern, so I made sure to be a little free with the placement of color. Once I was happy with the look, I carefully removed the creative cutout and set the panel aside to dry.

I stamped and heat-embossed a sentiment from the Crafty Life Stamp Set on a piece of vellum. I stamped with Obsidian Black and then added Crystal Clear Crisp Embossing Powder. I used a stamping platform for this, as stamping on a slick surface can cause the stamp to skid and smudge the ink.

TIP! When embossing on vellum, it's really important to make sure your heat tool is fully heated before bringing it in contact with the vellum; this way, you'll use heat for the shortest time possible, avoiding the vellum warping.

I added some clear double-sided adhesive tape to the reverses of the vellum and adhered it to the panel with embossing paste.  I trimmed it to measure 4 by 5.25 inches and added it to an A2 notecard.

Lastly, I added a few enamel hearts from the Shades of Purple and Green Meadows Enamel Dots Set.

I hope this inspired you to create with the Creative Cutouts: Moroccan Mosaic! Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I appreciate your comments.