12 September 2021

Crafters Companion 7x7 stencils release

Hi there Crafty Friends, today I am sharing a look at some cards I recently made for the launch of the Pigment Ink Background Stencils from Crafters Companion.

As you know stencils are so versatile and I love to use them in many ways but the brief for this product launch was to use them with pigment inks.
 
Using the Rosebud Floral Stencil along with Spectrum Noir Harmony pigment inks, I applied in pastel colours with a foam dauber, when I removed the stencil I sprinkled some clear embossing powder over the  surface and heat set with my heat tool. I love the delicate raised areas.

Next I used the Love Hearts stencil, I worked with three inks colours to create an ombre effect,  I love ombre and paried together with the Love Hearts I think it works so well.

The Abstract Swirls stencil is certainly one of my favourites from the release. I picked three colours of ink to blend and allowed the to overlap i place to create new shades and tones. It has such a dreamy feel to me.

The Cute Florals stencil has a retro feel to me , so I had to go all out with the colours. I blended the colours and with the stencil still in place I added a layer of clear texture gel. I love how this makes the colours even more vibrant. You can see the difference in the background which has the clear paste vs the sentiment panel which is just ink. 

The Beautiful Butterflies stencil looks so delicate, but don't be fooled it is very robust due to its clever design. I added glitter paste through the stencil and once dried added ink blended over the top. I love how the butterflies resist the ink and stand out.

The Scattered Foilage stencil screams elegance, so I deiced to add some peachy gold tones. I blended some jade and topaz inks through the stencil, while the ink was still wet I lightly sprinkled some golden peach embossing powder in a few places and heat set. It glimmers under the light and adds enough detail without overpowering the card. 

Who doesn't love Polka Dots? Here I used a fun blackout technique. I started with white card and ink blended pigment inks through the stencil, I then added clear embossing powder and heat set. Now that the Polka Dots were protected with the clear embossing I could add a layer of black ink over the top. The black ink only takes were there is exposed card/no heat embossing. I love this fun modern look.

Last up was the Elegant Trellis, using the colours of the rainbow I ink blended onto some white card, I then carefully placed the stencil over the top and added a layer of white pigment ink, I then sprinkle clear embossing powder and heat set. This is such a fun look.

That's all for today, I hope you'll dig out our stencils or maybe even treat yourself to some new ones and have a play.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I appreciate your comments.