04 March 2019

3 ways with - Altenew's Rose Filament dies


Welcome to the 8th episode of 3 Ways With. Today I am focusing on the Rose Filament dies set from Altenew.


The Rose filament dies are one of the products that I associate most with Altenew, not only do they have the dies but they also have a stamp set and enamel pin badge which bare the same design.

So let's get on to my cards, first up I used the dies for some partial die cutting, creating a fancy shaped edge.  


In order to strengthen the border, I die cut the flowers, coloured them, clear embossed them and placed them over the partial die cut edge.  I wanted to keep the elements on this card to a minimum so opted for a simple heat embossed sentiment and some splattered ink.



This card all centres around one of the die cuts, which I have used to create a faux chipboard sticker effect, complete with enamel look.  To do this I die cut 4 of the roses, for one of them I kept the pieces in and added some tape to the reverse to secure it. I then used Artist Markers in Frayed and Cotton Candy to colour the rose.

Next I added 3 more roses on top to create depth. I then added glossy accents in all of the open areas to create the enamel look.  A few ink splatters and a die cut sentiment later and the card was complete.



Last up is this very modern looking card.  I cut several of the roses and coloured them using the Artist markers. I then clear heat embossed them to give a high shine finish.  Using glossy accents I adhered them to a card blank, making sure to go over the edges, I then trimmed them back. I added a Mega Hello sentiment on foam pads to give height and contrast.

Well thats all from me for today, below are the links to the products used, I hope you'll try using your dies in a new way. Have a great week.


1 comment:

Thank you for stopping by, I appreciate your comments.