06 March 2017

Mono printing and heat embossing, just another day of carfty fun.


Today I am sharing a card I made using my Gelli Plate, Acrylic paint and Visible Image stamps.

I love to create Mono prints to use as backgrounds, there is an element of surprise with every print you lift, it's like unwrapping a gift on Christmas morning.

For this card I use 2 shades of pink and 1 blue paint, I added 3 small pea sized blobs of each to the Gelli plate randomly and then used a brayer to spread them. I then placed some white card on top and rubbed it over and peeled it back to reveal this stunning print.




Once dry I trimmed the card down to my desired size and used the spare to stamp out my sentiment which I heat embossed in black and then cut out. I like to use the same background paper as it adds a common theme/feel to the card.  I mounted the words onto foam pads to add dimension.


Next I stamped this image onto the right hand side of my card and heat embossed it in black, I love the stark black against the very bright and girly pink.


Using a black fine liner pen I added a hand drawn border around the main card, This frames the image and stops it from looking as though it was just dropped onto a white background.


If you've not tried mono printing before I'd definitely recommend having a go, it gives you another way to experiment with your creativity and create beautiful pieces of art.

I'll be back with more crafty makes soon

Terri x 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I appreciate your comments.