05 November 2016

I'm calling this my Spotlight die cutting tutorial


Now you probably have seen spotlight stamping previously but today I wanted to share with you something I'm calling spotlight die cutting......

Here's what the finished effect looks like



and here's how to create it;


Step 1

Using Altenew's rose-petal-ink-cubes,  sea-shore-ink-cubesfloral-shadow and vintage-flowers I stamped a piece of white card to make my background.


Step 2

I then used Altenew's happy-die to cut 4 sentiments from black lightweight card

 

Step 3

I now need to cut the happy from my background, I use some low tack tape to hold the die in place while cutting.



Here's what it looks like once cut


It's important to keep all the little pieces as we will be using those later



Step 4

I now layer all the happy die cuts together with the patterned one on top, I use Tattered lace detail glue with a metal fine tip applicator. This give us a faux chipboard effect.



Step 5

The next step is to adhere the background to a card blank, I used a wet glue for this so I can get into all the nooks and crannys.


Step 6

Now's time to pop the die cuts back into the background, including all the little pieces we saved.  I then used Altenew's halftone-happy stamp set to complete my sentiment.



Here's a card I made using the same technique, this time I used white happy die cuts to show how the look can be different depending on if you want the message more prominent or hidden.



I hope you've enjoyed today's tutorial.

Have a great weekend T x

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards and a fab tutorial, hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this technique and the cards you made with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi your cards are gorgeous. Thank you for the tutorial. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card and great tutorial

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I appreciate your comments.