18 April 2016

My diverse Craft journey

This last year has been a very busy year for me and my crafting. I took the plunge and started this blog and my social media pages and among all the crafty chaos I thought I would sit back and look at the different styles of craft I have worked with and reflect.



First up is my Mixed media journal cover.  This was my first mixed media piece and I wanted it to have a grungy steampunk feel. I used MDF, mica powders, glossy accents and texture paste.  I had so much fun creating it, using stencils and heat embossing, it was as if I took all of my favorite skills and threw then together.

 

My spread your wings piece was born out of my long love of butterflies and new found love of sequins.  I found some really shiny lilac sequins and wanted to team them with a MDF butterfly I had. I used metallic ink sprays to highlight some die cut mini butterflies and used stencil in the back ground.  I added some stamped words on distressed pieces of card to highlight the  picture.



My journey in craft started with card making and this is one of my favorite cards this year. I love the colours, the plant sticks and the natural feel to the card. 


The last year has shown me that I can create different styles of arts and crafts and experiment with colour and texture.  

I am so excited to be heading to the Craft4Crafters exhibition this week where I will be running workshops over 3 days for 90 people.

I hope you will continue to join me as I create.

Crafty Hugs
T x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I appreciate your comments.