26 September 2022

Altenew's Arch of Flowers - Product Focus

Hey there crafty friends, Terri here! Today, I'm sharing 3 ways to use the Arch of Flowers Stamp Set.

This is a stunning set that has a matching die and a simple coloring stencil. I love the arch shape; it's so different and had me thinking about how it could be used on cards to create different looks.

Let's jump right in and see what I created!

3 handmade cards with Arch of Flowers Stamp Set

Landscape Orientation

I rarely create landscape cards, I don't know why but it just happens that way. The Arch of Flowers is the perfect size to fit onto an A2 note card in landscape orientation.

3 handmade cards with Arch of Flowers Stamp Set

I started by stamping the image using Obsidian Ink, I then added color through the simple coloring stencil, using Deep IrisLavender FieldsMarshland, and Chamomile Crisp Dye Ink Pads. I then cut the image using the coordinating die.

I prepared an A2 note card and cut a panel to measure 5″ by 3.75″. I ran this through my die cutting machine with the Dotted Tile Debossing Cover Plate.

I added a stamped sentiment in the top right of the panel before adhering the Arch of Flowers to the card using foam pads. I then added yellow gems to the centre of the flowers.

3 handmade cards with Arch of Flowers Stamp Set

Portrait Orientation

I stamped, coloured, and die cut the Arch of Flowers in the same way as the first card, using the same colors. I prepared an A2 card and added some ink blending through the Broken Chevron Stencil using Sea Glass Ink. I added the die-cut flowers to the bottom of the card.

3 handmade cards with Arch of Flowers Stamp Set

I chose to use the Fancy Hello Die for my sentiment. I cut it twice, once from Lavender Fields Cardstock and once from Brushed Silver Metallic Cardstock. I adhered them together with my 2-in-1 Precision Glue Pen and then added it to the card.

3 handmade cards with Arch of Flowers Stamp Set

Stamp without Die

Using the Arch of Flowers Stamp, I stamped at the top and bottom of an A2 panel. I then added color with the coordinating Simple Coloring Stencil. I added some yellow gems to the flowers centres and to the funny little flowers that looked like stacked circles.

3 handmade cards with Arch of Flowers Stamp SetI chose to use the Hang in There Die for the sentiment this time, again I cut it once from Brushed Silver Metallic Cardstock and once from Lavender Fields Cardstock. I adhered them together and then added it the card using foam pads to give dimension.

3 handmade cards with Arch of Flowers Stamp Set

Thanks for stopping by today, be sure to leave a comment telling me which card is your favourite!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I appreciate your comments.