27 August 2022

Rainbow Ink Blending with Altenew's Oriental Poppy - Product Focus

Hey there, Terri here! Today, I am sharing rainbow ink blending in easy 3 ways featuring the Oriental Poppy Stamp Set.

The Oriental Poppy Stamp Set is stunningly beautiful! When I worked with it last time, I couldn't help but use soft, elegant colors. This time, however, I thought it would be fun to try something different.

Altenew has a very handy mini ink cube set called Rainbow Prismwhich is perfect for inking all things rainbow. So I decided to try 3 ways to color the poppies using a rainbow theme.

The Rainbow Prism Ink Bundle includes; Ruby RedOrange CreamWarm SunshineParrotLagoon, and Deep Iris mini ink cubes.

All Over Rainbow Background

To create my card, I started by cutting a piece of white cardstock to measure 4.25″ by 5.5″. I then used a piece of Masking Paper to create 3 masks for the Oriental Poppy.

To do this, I simply stamped the chosen poppy and fussy cut. I started by stamping my first poppy and masking it. I then stamped another, which overlaps. I carried on stamping and masking until the entire background was covered.

rainbow ink blending

Using the Rainbow Prism ink pads, I ink blended from the top left corner in a diagonal pattern, working through the rainbow.

I went back over each area to ensure that the colors were blended as smoothly as possible. I then flicked some water over the surface to add interest. Next, I stamped a sentiment from the Bold Sentiments Stamp Set using Obsidian Pigment Ink.

rainbow ink blending

I added the sentiment to the card using Instant Dimension Foam Tape, trapping some black twine beneath.

Lastly, I added a few white enamel dots from the Essential Black and White Enamel Dots Set.

Ink Smooshing

rainbow ink blending

My next card features Ink Smooshing. I love how easy this technique is and how you never get the same effect twice.

I started by stamping and die cutting the poppies and leaves using the Oriental Poppy Stamp and Die Bundle. I adhered them to my chosen layout using wet glue. I then added Ruby RedOrange CreamWarm SunshineParrotLagoon, and Deep Iris inks to my glass mat and spritzed them with water.

I then took the die-cut piece and tapped it into the watered-down ink; I was not too precise with this as I didn't want a full-colored piece. I think the more random the effect, the better it looks.

rainbow ink blending

The card base had a black layer added to it before I adhered it to the die-cut floral element using Instant Dimension Foam Tape. I then added a sentiment from the Bold Sentiments Stamp Set. I love how striking the flowers are against the bold black background.

Rainbow Ink Blending Through a Stencil

rainbow ink blending

My final card is a really simple card; it uses rainbow ink blending through a stencil onto a die-cut flower and leaves.

I started by stamping the flower and leaves using Obsidian Pigment Ink and then cutting and adhering them together. I placed them onto my craft mat and added the Fine Tulle Stencil. I then ink blended Ruby RedOrange CreamWarm SunshineParrotLagoon, and Deep Iris ink through the stencil.

rainbow ink blending

I added some black inky splatters to an A2 note card before adhering the flower and leaves. I then placed a stamped sentiment in the upper right using foam tape.

There you have it! Three easy ways to add rainbow ink blending to the lovely Oriental Poppy Stamp Set. Which version do you like the best? I'd love to know. Please leave a comment below!

Thanks for stopping by! See you in my next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I appreciate your comments.