05 September 2018

Altenew watercolours - Creating a grungy card


Good morning Crafty friends, today's post is all about Altenew's watercolor 36 pan set, I recently purchased them along with a few other Altenew products and thought I'd jump straight in and see what I could do with them. 


I started by creating swatches to show the colours vibrancy and how well they flow, let me tell you I am blown away by how bright and rich in pigment these paints are, I'll be sharing more about my swatches and how I store them in a separate post.



So this is the first card I've made using the watercolours and as you can see it's very different from my usual CAS cards. 


I started by adding paint in concentric circles using the largest of brushes from the Watercolor brush bundle to add some colour to the cardstock, I made sure it was very wet so that when I added some plastic wrap I could move it around to help create texture.


After about an hour of drying time I peeled back the plastic wrap and this is how it looked, cool hey. It reminds me of the tie-dye we did at school many years ago.

I wanted to add some depth and pattern to the painted panel so I decided to use the Leaf burst stencil with some of the watercolour paint and a make up sponge, I dabbed the paint through the stencil building the colour as I went. After a quick blast with a heat gun I used a fine liner through the stencil to outline the pattern.


My sentiment is 5 stacked die cuts glued together to create a faux chipboard, I used the Bold alpha dies for this.  Lastly I added some Nuvo drops in blue and white to embellish the card.

I'm really pleased with how it turned out and think I may try this technique again with softer shades.

Thanks for stopping by today, I'd love it if you left me a comment with a technique you'd like me to try, bye for now x

1 comment:

Thank you for stopping by, I appreciate your comments.