07 May 2018

Rare Earth Ladies Vintage Tea Party

Good morning crafty friends, I hope you're enjoying the bank holiday weekend and warm weather.

Today I am making my Rare Earth debut, I was lucky enough to be asked to create some cards using Rare Earth stamps.


As you know I love stamping as it give me the freedom I crave, and allows me to interpret the designs in my own way.

The stamps have been designed by the talented Lexy Rose and are totally amazing.

Although the stamps are designed in a vintage style, I have added my twist to a couple of the card and shown how they could be used to create something different, I hope you like them




My first card is something a little bit funky, I was seeing a 60's psychedelic look in my head when I designed this card. I used a smooching technique for the background and added a little detail with a purple Watercolour pen.



This card uses the same stamp as above but this time she looks a little more elegant, my kids tell me they can see Amy Whinehouse in this one......


I kept this card a little more muted and went for a classic feel.


I'm a big fan of teaming Kraft card and white together, I like the natural earthy look it creates.


In this card I did a little fussy cutting to allow me to add depth and dimension to the images. The spoon is actually slotted into the cut through a little slit.


For this card I decided to colour the hair with alcohol markers and give her some pink lipstick.


My last card was created using both alcohol pens and pencils.  I added a couple of stripes of vintage lace in the background, the stamp sets have lots of lace options in them.

I hope you'll tune in and watch the launch show tomorrow at 9am on Create and Craft TV.

Here's the link to the products used


Rare Earth now has it's own home on Facebook where you can see samples, up coming launches and share your love of Rare Earth.


2 comments:

  1. These are gorgeous ladies. I love the first one - sort of pip art meets vintage tea! Congratulations on your new adventure with Rare Earth! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards made from lovely images. Great news about your joining Rare Earth.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I appreciate your comments.