13 December 2017

Contemporary Christmas cards using Altenew dies and stencils

It's hump day, yay.

I am so tired lately but have so much to do for Christmas; so I have been looking for quick Christmas card ideas.

I decided to go with a contemporary look and use a stencil and 2 die sets from Altenew.



This first card was made by using the Watercolor stripes stencil and some Distress Oxide inks the create the background. I flicked some water at the ink and then dabbed with a tissue to create some lighter areas.



I then die cut my sentiment using the Bold Alphabet dies and the Merry Christmas dies, I cut them from a true black cardstock so that they were nice and bold.


I couldn't bare to throw away the waste from cutting the sentiments so decided to put it to use and make a card with it.


Again I used the stencil for the background and flicked water at it. I also cut the Ampersands using the Merry Christmas word dies. 



I love this strong bold look, it's very fresh and modern and really suits a younger recipient.

The items I used are linked below


I have lots more Christmas cards to share with you over the next week and hope you'll come back soon.

Terri 

4 comments:

Thank you for stopping by, I appreciate your comments.