09 July 2017

How to achieve three looks with one set of Altenew stamps


Today were talking about how to achieve three looks with one set of Altenew stamps.

I've had the Tulip set in my collection since it was released but only used it twice, I recently added the coordinating die set to my collections and yesterday decided it was time to get them out and make some cards.


For each of the 3 cards I made I stamped and die cut 3 Tulips



For this card I used the Altenew grid stencil to add a subtle yellow pattern to the background, I glue the stems flat but placed the flower heads on foam pads for added dimension. I stamped a sentiment onto some white card and mounted it on to black, I love the jaunty angle.




This is my favourite of the three I am sharing, the background was created using Altenew's watercolour strip stencil, I used the jet black ink and a foam blending tool to add the background, I then heat embossed it with clear embossing powder.  I added the Tulips the the left of the card and placed a sentiment to the right.  I played around with the look by having the leaf on the left over hanging but having the sentiment to the right cropped. I think it adds extra interest to the card.



This card was a simple one, I added the flowers and sentiment and then embellished with sequins and Nuvo drops.  I think this one is perfect for a friend who is maybe going through a bad time. It's simple and elegant.

I enjoy using different backgrounds to change the feel of my cards, from simple CAS cards to funky bold backgrounds, it's good to have a card for every occasion in your stash. You can also use different sized cards or change the orientation from a traditional right hand opening card to a tent fold.

Which card do you like the best and why?

Terri 

1 comment:

Thank you for stopping by, I appreciate your comments.