18 May 2017

Eight ways to achieve different looks with Altenew's Layered Medallion stencils

Morning crafty friends

When I buy a craft product I have one rule that I always stick to!

"The item must perform more than one role"

So when I saw Altenew's layered stencils I put my thinking cap on.  I knew I could stretch their use and do more with them.

Today I am going to walk you through my results from experimenting with the Layered Medallion stencils

There are 2 stencils in the set

Medallion A 


Medallion B



The stencils can be used alone or together, I wanted to play around and see how many looks I could achieve.


Look 1


This is both stencils together as they were intended. I inked through stencil A and then through B using a different ink each time. (I spritzed water on mine to distress them)

Look 2


This was Stencil A alone with one ink colour


Look 3


and Stencil B with again with one ink colour.

Look 4


Here both stencils were placed on the card at the same time, Stencil.A first and then stencil B, I then applied the ink through them at the same time.  This gives a busy pattern but I like it.

Look 5


Here I  placed Stencil B on the card and inked it up and then Stencil A and inked that - This effect doesn't really work well with tonal inks, I will have to try it with different colours. Stencil B seems to hide what stencil A created.

Look 6


Again both stencils were placed on the card together, this time I placed B first, then A on top and used just one ink colour.  I really like this effect.



Of course depending on the colours and how you apply them you can achieve even more looks

Look 7



This is both layers together as they were intended using 2 different ink colours.

Look 8


Here's a finished card I made recently, I used 4 ink colours and applied them in concentric circles.

I can see that these stencils are going to play a big part in my crafting as they are so versatile.

Maybe you'll consider adding them to your collection too.


1 comment:

Thank you for stopping by, I appreciate your comments.