24 January 2017

Nothing is better than a true friend - Altenew Academy card.


Today I am sharing another card created after taking an Altenew Academy class. This card required me to make a stencil from Altenew dies to ink through and then I added a detailed stamp layer to highlight the flowers.


I started by making my stencil from 200gsm cardstock, the die cuts where more concentrated in the top of the stencil and then more spaced out the further towards the bottom you get so as to give the effect of falling flowers.

I then placed this over my card blank and used 4 shades of ink to create an ombre effect, darker at the top and lightest at the bottom, this also help create a soft floating feeling. Once the ink was dry I used some silver embossing powder and the detail layer of the flower stamps to add more dimension to the card.




I created a sentiment panel using a stamp from the Fresh Freesia stamp set. This was heat embossed in silver and an ombre effect added to tie everything in. I then wrapped some twine around the left hand side of the card placed the sentiment on to foam pads and scattered sequins to finish the look.


Products Used


Using your dies to create a stencil is a great technique to try,, you can also use the same technique to create a die cut panel for the front of your card which you could either stamp through or place over patterned paper.

Thank you for taking the time to stop by, I hope you will come back again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I appreciate your comments.