16 July 2016

Quick Cards Made Easy Reader Design Team

I thought I'd share a few cards I made for Quick Cards Made Easy Magazines reader design team.

I was supplied with a digi collection of papers and toppers and set about making some tropical themed cards.

This first card was a very simple card, I used hot pink textured card as my first layer and then added 3 panels of the patterned paper. I then added a circle of blue for the center of the card and placed a sentiment matted onto the hot pink on top to act as the main focal point.  I placed blue pearl drops in graduating sizes above and below the sentiment to draw the eye in.




This card is a shaker card, It's the first I've ever made, I decided on a circle aperture with a square Flamingo sentiment. I used dew drops rather than sequins or glitter as they make a lovely sound when you shake the card.




This card uses curves to emulate the shape of the Watermelon in the backing paper, curved corners and round gems help to slightly soften the bold design but still make for a striking design.




I loved the challenge of working with digital imagery to create something bright and cheerful.

You can download the papers from http://www.cardmakingandpapercraft.com/download/tropical-bonus-papers and have a try at some tropical beauties yourself.

Have a super weekend
T x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I appreciate your comments.