14 June 2015

Purple Butterflies


I was asked a while ago to make a 50th birthday card and gift card and when I asked the lady about style and colours the brief I got was purple and butterflies, I asked for more and the lady said she loved my work and did't want to impede my creative flair

After searching through my crafty stash I was horrified to find I had nothing that was suitable..... okay maybe I did but dont tell my husband, I really wanted to buy the Velvet plum collection form Craftwork cards and after having sent a small fortune recently needed an excuse and hey presto this was it.

First off I made a matchbox style box and decorated and lined it in coordinating papers, I then made a card to go inside which will hold tickets to a show and a meal invite.






I decided on a pop up box card but wanted a BIG one and boy is this big, it's made using 2 A4 sheets of card, this then posed a problem when it came to envelopes but I had an idea


I found a piece of thick brown kraft paper and decided to make my own, I used some swirly stamps and a couple of butterflies to stamp on the front with a clear versamark ink pad and then embossed them with a purple pearlesent embossing powder.


I am very happy with the finished result, now what should I make next???  T x

1 comment:

  1. What beautiful and elegant ideas, truly inspiring. Kawaii x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I appreciate your comments.