11 June 2015

Hedgehog Bookfolding

It's almost the weekend, I can not wait for a lie in and some crafting time, I've been busy this week tidying the garden and just haven't had much time for crafting :(

I thought I'd share with you what I got up to last week;  I was asked some time ago to go along to our local girl guides and run a crafting workshop, after I got over feeling like I'd be out of my depth I said yes and set about thinking of what to do, 12 girls, and hour and a half and me, now what would work? A million ideas later I decided that a simple bookfold would good and what better than a hedgehog.

I thought it best to take some sample with me of what they can look like to inspire the girls, here's my little hedgehog family



The girls at guides were fab, we had a giggle, I managed to show them some other skills like how to create a rolled paper rose, the only blooper of the night was when 2 girls had a glue explosion, thankfully it wasn't my glue, it was one that the leader had given them to use, lol

Here are some pictures of what they created


One of the girls finished before the others and decided that she would turn her hedgehog into a bookend;


I really enjoyed myself as did the girls and I have been asked to go back in December to do some Christmas crafts.  I will pop a quick tutorial up on how to create the hedgehog later this evening. 

T x


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I appreciate your comments.