09 September 2018

Pop Art meets Altenew

Today I am sharing a card I created after watching one of Lydia Evans video tutorials she created for Altenew. You can see the post here, Lydia using a halftone stamp to create Pop art card to die cut from. As soon as I saw the video I knew I had to give it a go and put my spin on it, so here goes......




Using the Halftone Circles Stamp set I stamped several circles in all the shades of  the Tea Party mini inks, these will be for the flowers layers. I then stamped the leaf layers using the Green Meadows mini inks.

I then set about cutting all the layers for the flowers and leaves using the Peony Dreams 3D dies. Once everything was cur and release from the dies I stacked and glued them together.  Toadd some definition to the layers and add striking detail I used a black fineliner pen to outline the layers. I also ran a black alcohol marker around the edge of the flowers and leaves.



I wanted a background for the flowers to sit against but didn't want anything to fussy or detailed. This is where the Watercolor stripes cover die came into play. I cut it from white cardstock and adhered it to a black card base. The black and white is the perfect backdrop for the pop art style flowers and leaves. I adhered everything using glossy accents, it's my go to wet adhesive.



The last thing to do was to add a sentiment, I chose the "stay awesome my friend" from the
Leaf Canopy stamp set. I heat embossed it on to black card using Altenew's Clear embossing ink and Pure white crisp embossing powder.



All the items used can be purchased from the Altenew store

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I appreciate your comments.