11 June 2018

Mel Heaton's Signature collection

Afternoon all,
Today I am super excited to be sharing samples I've made with the Signature collection from Mel Heaton.

This collection is like no other you have ever seen. Mel has thoroughly thought about what crafters want and need. The collection comprises of dies, stamps to match, hand coloured charisma images, sentiments and an instructional dvd.

You could stamp and hand colour. Stamp, hand colour and die cut. Die cut and hand colour. Print the charisma image, stamp over it, die cut and decoupage.....yes I forgot to say that their are extra dies in the sets to allow you to layer your image for added depth and dimension......I told you she had really thought about this. 

I was sent 2 of the sets to work with, both of which have dies, stamps and charisma images. Let me walk you through my samples.



I started by printing the charisma image for this set, I then die cut it and stamped over it with Rare Earths clear glass ink and sprinkled with gold embossing powder and heat set.  I then used my pokey tool to curl and shape the leaves and petals before layering git up with foam pads.



In this card I die cut the image twice and then stamped it with a light brown ink. I then used a mix of pencils and alcohol pens to colour. I then wanted to give the effect of having an enamel finish so clear embossed the die cuts and adhered them together to create a wreath.



This is the same image from the card above, I stamped in black and coloured with alcohol pens and added a sparkle top coat.


This stunning hummingbird come with the crescent image above, I stamped, coloured with alcohol pens and clear embossed on top to give rigidity. The back ground was created with 3 water based inks and water. 


Here you can see the hummingbird and crescent together, I used Mel's hand coloured charisma images and the dies. I want to complement the colours in the imagery so used a fuschia organza bow and card to mat and layer.


Here I printed the charisma and die cut the image, adding orange and purple card to complement.


For this card I stamped the flower bunch and coloured with markers. I then snipped into it to create 2 pieces, one to tuck behind the oval and one to overlay. Dont be afraid to snip into the images, this collection is all about versatility.


Here I have printed, die cut, stamped and heat embossed the images in black, this gives a totally different look to the other samples I've made.


Lastly I wanted to create a piece of home decor, I used an old book to bookfold a column/pillar. I used my craft studio elite to change the colours of the charisma image before die cutting it. I then added a organza ribbon and string of pearl trim to the book. I added the flowers where the end of the ribbon met using hot glue.

Hopefully I've shown you how versatile this collection is. I could have made dozens of samples as the ideas just keep popping in my head. If you love floral images and like to combine die cutting and stamping then this is the collection for you.

The launch show is Tuesday at 9pm on Ideal World with Mel.

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous samples and love the fabulous stamps-really love the depth and rich colours on the first card
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab collection of creations. You have been busy.
    GG

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I appreciate your comments.