13 June 2018

Background Magic with Altenew Academy






I recently took the Background Magic class at Altenew Academy as part of the Altenew Educator Certification Program, the class was taught by Laurel Beard and consisted of six lesson teaching ways in which you can use your background stamps to add that magical touch to your cards.


To created my card I used the following Altenew products


I started with a 6x6" piece of white cardstock, using the diamond pattern play stamp and embossing ink I stamped the piece of card, I then heat embossed using the Crisp Copper embossing power. I stamped the image again this time turning it a quarter turn to the left and heat embossed. This created a stunning pattern for my background.


I then added colour to the stamped background using Altenew crisp inks in Lagoon, Midnight Violet, Galactic Stream and Purple Wine.  I added some of each ink to my glass cutting mat and spritzed them with water, I also spritzed the stamp background. I then used a paint brush to drop in some of each colour and allowed the water move the ink around.


Once dry I cut the panel diagonally and trimmed it down, I embossed 2 strips of card using the Copper embossing powder to place just under the edge of my patterned pieces, this ties the look together. I adhered the patterned pieces to a card blank and stamped my sentiment in black ink.


I am so happy with how my card turned out, I hope you'll give this technique a try too.

1 comment:

  1. Adore the color mix in this, Terri! The execution and design are superb! The copper embossing is lovely! I am so glad that you enter your beautiful work in Altenew AECP assignment Gallery. Awesome details and design! Super work!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I appreciate your comments.