22 May 2018

Stunningly Simple Watercolor Techniques

Good morning crafty friends, today I have a new card to share with you. I created this card after taking the "Stunningly Simple Watercolor Techniques" class at Altenew Academy.



I chose to work with the colour teal as it's my favourite colour and looks so yummy in the warm weather we are experiencing. 

I started by stamping and embossing one of the large images from the stamp set in Platinum. I then added a wash of clean water to the card stock before adding teal tones to the card.  I used Altenew Sea Shore Inks with a little water to create a colour wash.  I started off darker at the top of the card and faded the colour as I moved towards the bottom. I also added flicks of teal to the card to add texture and interest.

Once dry I embossed a piece of white card with the Platinum embossing powder so that I could create some embellishments for my card.  I added a piece to the bottom of my card and also die cut my sentiment and some sequins from the same piece, continuing the colour theme.

I learnt so many things from Lydia Evans classes and will be adding the new techniques to my cards.

The products used are linked below

3 comments:

  1. Great card love the colour and embossed details
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, Terri!! Love your watercoloring, inking and use of embossing! I see your wonderful progression in the last few months. So happy that you are close to the finishing line! Thanks so much for entering your beautiful work in Altenew AECP assignment Gallery. Beautiful colors and design. Well done!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I appreciate your comments.