27 May 2018

Pin Up Girls by Rare Earth

Hello there, I hope you are enjoying the Bank Holiday weekend.

I'm here to share some cards I made this week for the launch of Rare Earth's Pin Up Collection
The collection includes 3 sets of stamps filled with awesome retro imagery. There are signs, sentiment, frames, a Vintage car and 2 stunning pin up girls.

I was asked to make samples and had a very tight deadline to work to (24 hours)

I decided to work in themed sets, creating 3 lots of 3. Each set has a different feel from the next, working this way helps to keep the ideas flowing. 




My first set has a retro 50's American diner feel to it. I worked with Blue,Red and white. Some of the samples use water colour and others were coloured with alcohol pens.


This next set has a pop art feel to it, I used a stencil to add dots over he images to give it a funky look.
The car bursting through the front of the card was my daughters ides and I love how it's turned out.



Lastly I wanted to use the image to create more of a vintage look. I have stuck with Kraft card, beige and brown ink and white card.  I wanted to show how the stamps could be used to create a card for a man using the car image, I heated embossed the car and used some Rare Earth Dessert sand ink with water to colour it.

I hope my cards have given you some inspiration on how you could use these amazing stamps, I'm totally in love with them and had a real struggle letting them go in the post for the launch show.

You can catch the launch on Monday at 11am on Create and craft TV

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I appreciate your comments.