08 May 2018

For the Love of Color - Altenew educator certification program


Today I am sharing not 1 but 2 cards I created after taking Julie Altermann's For the Love of color class over at Altenew academy.


The class was awesome and full of hints, tips and techniques to help us crafters add that extra detail and lots of colour to our projects.  I learnt lots from the class and could literally make a dozen cards with all the ideas in my head right now, but in my attempt to rein it in and stay controlled I made 2.

The things that stuck with me most from the class were not to be afraid of adding a mix of bright and bold colours to our cards and to think about different ways in which to get colour in there, be it different medium or with the use of die cuts.

I decided that I would go bright with shades or yellow, orange and red and I would also use a die to help me with making my design.



I chose to use the Mandala Die to cut a stencil to ink through. In the process of stencilling the die cut piece got very inky and looked too pretty to dispose of, so I used it to create my second card.



The inks I used in my cards were


Let me know what you think of my cards, I'll be back soon with more crafty makes.

1 comment:

  1. I really love the bright and bold colors, Terri1! You really used the die as stencil and ink-blending technique so beautifully! Thanks so much for entering your beautiful work in Altenew AECP assignment Gallery. Beautiful colors and design. Well done!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I appreciate your comments.