02 January 2018

Celebration: Stencil techniques - Altenew Educator Certification Program

Good Morning everyone, today I am sharing a project that I created using some new techniques inspired by the Altenew Academy class Celebration stencil techniques.


Have you ever used your stencils to emboss or letter press?

I did!

I inked my stencil with embossing ink and laid it on top of my cardstock, I then laid my embossing mat on top and run it through my die cutting machine.  When I removed the stencil I sprinkled the Golden peach embossing powder on the cardstock and then melted it with my heat gun.


I also embossed a strip of card in the Golden Peach embossing powder to add to the left hand side of my card. I added a sentiment using the You are stamp set.

I love how I now see stencils in a whole new way and can't wait to create some more cards with the skills I've learnt.


Here are links to items I used

2 comments:

  1. Your stencil work is superb, Teri!! Love the smooth ink-blending!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a great idea. Worked wonderfully here.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I appreciate your comments.