31 January 2018

Bobbin Street dies launch - DT makes

Todays post is something a little different, I was asked to make some samples for a new range of dies that are launching tomorrow from Bobbin Street.

I'm not the best sewist but I do like to have a go, below are some of the project I made and links to the products used.


I started off with a simple applique using the buttefly from the new launch. This was a very simple die cut and stitch type of project. I did however add some little stitches to look like a trail.


This project was one of my biggest samples and took a lot of hand stitching I used the English Paper Piecing die set 2. I had never Paper pieced with fabric before and this took a while but I am really happy with how it turned out.  


After getting the hang of English paper piecing I decided to up my game and try something even more adventurous......why do I do this to myself?

I found some pictures of Moravian star ornaments and thought I can do that. 60 individual English paper pieced diamonds later and my fingers almost fell off, lol

It is around 6" tall and took me roughly 5 evenings of stitching to complete.



To give me fingers a little rest I decided to use the diamond shape dies to create some mini bunting adorned with bows and buttons.


Lastly I used the applique butterfly to embellish a simple tote bag. 


The dies are so versatile as you can cut both paper and fabric with them. 


Links to products used





You can watch the launch at 9am tomorrow on Create and Craft TV

  • Sky 674
  •  
  • Freeview 23
  •  
  • Virgin 748
  •  
  • Freesat 813
  •  
  • Apple TV
  •  
  • Amazon Fire

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I appreciate your comments.