22 November 2017

Altenew's Layeed Laurel, 1 stamp set 5 ways


Thank you for stopping by today, I am sharing 5 cards I've created using Altenew's Layered Laurel stamp set.

At this time of year us crafters find ourselves trying to get lots of cards made to send to our loved ones and at times it's really hard to think of different designs, you may have already made 50 cards and your mojo has vanished.  I decided to challenge myself to make 5 cards with one stamp set (and a few extras from my stash)

Well let take a look at what I made.


This first card a something very different from me, I'm calling it a floating card.  I made a card blank from some heavy weight acetate and added a Kraft card panel in the centre, hence me calling it a floating card! I then used the small Laurel spring to create a wreath in the centre of my card with the Green fields crisp inks.

I added some small red gems to look like berries and then die cut my sentiment form Altenew's Holiday script word dies.



Net up is a striking Navy and golden peach embossed card. I used Altenew's Golden Peach embossing powder to emboss both the Laurel and sentiment. The sentiment is stamped on to acetate which is wrapped around the navy card before being adhered to the white card blank so that all the workings are hidden.  I also added some embossed dots to the card using an embossing pen.


I decided I wanted to go bold with my sentiment for this card so I combined the Layered Laurel with Altenew's Bold Alphabet dies.  I stamped the Laurel 5 times across the centre of my card panel using the Green fields crisp inks.  I then used the dies to cut the word "noel" out of the stamped panel.  I then cut the same word from black card stock.  On a white card blank I added a piece of gold glitter washi tape and then adhered the stamped panel. I then inlaid the black letters, this gives the card a totally flat surface.


This card was a simple one, I stamped the Laurel with the green fields inks and then used a sentiment from the Lyrical script stamp set, which I heat embossed in black.


My last card is something very indulgent, grey with lots of copper embossing. I used one of the leaf layers from the Layered Laurel stamp set to stamp a background onto some grey card using Altenew's embossing ink and then I added some copper embossing powder and set with my heat tool.

I used the Holiday script word dies to cut my sentiment, but as I wanted it to look dimensional like a piece of chipboard I cut 2 from the grey card and a third from a piece of copper embossed card. I then layered them together to give me a chunky sentiment.  I also added a second sentiment using the Lyrical Script stamp set. It reads "he will bring us goodness and light"


And that is my 5 cards with 1 stamp set.  I love trying to create different looks and feels with the same stamp set.  

Which is your favourite card? I think mine is the Navy and Golden Peach embossed card.






4 comments:

  1. Hi Terri your cards are gorgeous. That is a very versatile stamp. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cards. Love the last one. TFS. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all gorgeous Terri, I love the clean and simple designs, especially the first one :) Thank you for playing along in our challenge over at Seven Hills Crafts this month x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I appreciate your comments.