24 October 2017

Bubble fun with Visible Image stamps


Morning Crafty friends, it's a wet and slightly windy morning here in Bristol,UK and I'm feeling slightly under the weather but I will not let it keep me down, I will craft on.

Do you remember when you were a child using paint and washing up liquid to blow bubbles and pull  prints off the surface of the water? Well who said that it was just for kids?

Today I am sharing 2 cards created with this method and stamps from Visible Image.

I will talk a little about the mix of water, paint and washing up liquid at the end of the post, so stay tuned.





I use a vivid pink paint mix in a large ice cream tub to create the bubbly background, this gave me more surface area to create bubbles and allowed me to choose where to pull the print from. Once dry I stamped an image from the visometry stamp set in black ink and added a sentiment using the Smile-sparkle-shine stamp.

I drew a squiggly border with a fine liner pen around the edge of the white card and then layered it onto some smooth black card before adhering it to a white 5x7 card blank.

I love how the black border makes the pink pop.



For my second card I used a blue paint, water and washing up liquid mix in a tall round beaker to create a circle of bubbles. I then added a striking eye using the where-dreams-take-you stamp set. My sentiment is from the tomorrow-doesnt-exist set.  I used black Versafine ink to stamp both the image and sentiment as it's give a good coverage over the paint.

To use this method you will need; water, washing up liquid, paint (poster paint or acrylic) and a straw.

So, how much paint to washing up liquid do you use? Good question!

I did a bit of research on the internet and found several different answers to this.  I found that it's best to just experiment as depending on what type of paint and washing up liquid you use the effects differ. When testing out my mix I use scrap paper or envelopes from junk mail.

Once you've found the right mix why not try using different shaped containers to blow your bubbles in, or you could cut an aperture from some thick card and place it over your container which will allow the bubble so form your chosen shape.

Have some fun and see what you can create.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Terri you cards are gorgeous. Those stamps are amazing. I hope you feel better soon. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what great cards. I feel a new technique coming on x

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are wonderful. Thank you for reminding of this fun technique. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I appreciate your comments.