21 September 2017

Two cards from one stencil using Altenew's layered Dahlia stencils

Following on from Tuesday post where I also used Altenew's Layered Dahlia stencils today I have 2 cards to share, one of which is a shaker card.





First up is this floral beauty with added black and gold touches.  I stencilled the background with bright pinks and greens to create a very striking image. I then added a die cut sentiment, I cut 1 form gold and 1 from black and drop shadowed them, the gold picks up on the sequins and softens the harsh edge of the black. I also added a piece of black and white stripped washi tape to tie the colours together.


This next card ueses the same stencil but in softer shades of pink and green for a more dreamy look.   

I used the bold alphabet dies to cut X's and O's for my shaker window. I mounted the front panel onto acetate and then placed thick foam tape around the edge on the reverse, this will keep all of my sequins and beads in place.  I added a grey card layer onto my card blank and placed my chosen filling on top, I then place the front panel over it, this way you can align the edges more accurately.  I also added some sequins and dew drops to complete the look.

I'm not sure which I like the best as they are both very pretty, which is your favourite?

3 comments:

Thank you for stopping by, I appreciate your comments.