17 July 2017

Men's cards are no longer a problem with this Geometric background.

Have you ever struggled to make a card for the men in your life? 

As someone who loves to make cards I have to admit that I have always struggled to make men's cards that I am happy with.

  There are lots of products out there for male cards but I'm a clean and simple girl at heart so, racing car decoupage and golf stamps really aren't for me.

As soon as I saw the Triangle turnabout stamp from Concord and 9th I knew I had to have it, I know I'm a little late to the party with this but my excitement is too much to contain.


If you haven't seen the Triangle turnabout stamp before here's what it looks like


You're probable thinking how do you make that look like the picture above!  It's all in the name, Triangle turnabout!  You stamp once, ink your stamp with another, turn your card and stamp. You can do this up to 4 times, you are able to create different looks depending on ink colours and the number of turns.



I did 4 turns each with a different shade of ink.  I used the Altenew crisp inks Cool summer night mini cube collection.  The inks are perfect for a tonal look and I use them all the time in my crafting.


While the ink was still damp after my last turn I decided to try throwing some silver WOW embossing powder at it - not literally, I delicately poured it on and tried to save all of the excess as I am such a frugal crafter :)  I was amazed at how the powder stuck fully to the most recent inking and slightly to the earlier inks that I used, It gives a really cool distressed gilded effect.


The stamp will give you a 6"x 6" patterned panel once complete.  I cut this down and was able to make 2 cards with it.  I wanted to keep the design simple and clean so team the background up with Altenews Halftone happy stamp and die bundle.  

I think they are a perfect match for each other and can't wait to make more male cards and experiment with colour to achieve different effects.

Have a super week x

7 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous card. xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab card Terri, really love this stamp... what a fab idea! Think I'll be needing to buy this 😉 x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely fabulous. Great design x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these geometric patterns

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab terri. I love that clean look for a masculine card, very striking too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I appreciate your comments.