25 April 2017

Lets build a rainbow with Altenew's Halftone circles

Today I am sharing a quick tutorial using Altenew's Halftone Circle stamp and die bundle to create 2 cards.



I took my inspiration from a demo by Lydia Evans



I started by cutting some paper into 1/4" and 1/8" strips. I choose bright colours but you can darker or pastel to suit your taste.


I then cut a piece of card and a piece of double sided adhesive to 4.25" x 5.5"


I applied the double sided adhesive to my card and removed the backing. I choose to place my paper in a diagonal orientation.


Once I had covered the whole piece of card I flipped it over and started to trim back the loose ends.


How amazing and bright does that look.


Next I used the Thanks die to cut into my rainbow card. (I kept the die cut to use later)


I added my panel to a card that was slightly bigger than my panel, leaving a even boarder all the way around.


I than used the matching stamp to stamp into the negative space using black ink. I also added some black Nuvo drops to draw the eye to the sentiment.


And here's what it looks like, I think this would make a really cool card for a teenager, you could play around and use different sentiments but for me this is going to be given to my daughters friends to say thank you for her birthday present.


Now remember that die cut I said to save,............


This is what I did with it. I used the same stamp to add the inked sentiment on top and then used a hole punch to punch several little circles from coloured paper.


They took a while to stick down but it was worth it.

I hope I've shown that you can take your stamps and dies and use them in a totally different way.

Please leave me a comment below to tell me what you think of my cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I appreciate your comments.