20 February 2017

How to colour a stamped succulent image - Altenew tutorial

Hello everyone, I've just returned from a short break and am feeling relaxed and refreshed so thought I'd share a tutorial with you all.


In this tutorial I am going to walk you through colouring a stamped succulent image using blendable pencils and Altenew stamps.


I started by stamping my image using Memento Ink - London Fog onto NeeNah cardstock


I will be using 3 shades of green in the leaves, I start adding the darkest shade to the base of the leaves.


I then add a mid tone of green over what I have coloured and a little further up the leaves


Next I add my lightest colour over the already coloured areas and again a little further up the leaves but making sure to leave some white area near the tips.


At the very tips I add some hot pink pencil


Here I use some blending solution and a paper stump to blend the colour to give a smoother look.


Now for the pot I use the same method but this time with shades of brown, Darkest first


Then a medium brown


Then light brown


I also added some grey around the base of the planter so it becomes grounded and doesn't look like it's floating.


Once again I blend the colours as above.


I then stamped a sentiment onto a piece of white card, added some black twine and a piece of pink vellum and attached them to my card.


I then embellished using some Nuvo Jewel drops in a green colour to fill some of the white space.


I hope you've enjoyed todays post, I hope to bring you more crafty tips and tutorials soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I appreciate your comments.