22 October 2016

Imagine and you can achieve


Today I am sharing a card I created using some of my favourite craft items.

As you know I love to stamp, over the last year my ink pad collection has grown from around 10 to around 150. Each time I get new inks I like to create a colour swatch like the ones below

 

***My top tip***  
Take a photo of your ink swatches and keep them on your phone and then when your at the craft store you know which colours you own and which to buy!


I then like to try out techniques and see what can be one with the inks other than just stamping. One of the things I like to do is use water based in to create background effects and to watercolour my stamped images.  So this card really came about by putting together some ink techniques along with a stamp I love and of course a few staples from my stash.


I started by stamping a flower 3 times using Versamark ink, I then heat embossed it with a fine gold embossing powder. I set these aside to cool while I used an Altenew die to cut some leaves from a sheet of Vertigo. Which I then stamped the coordinating detail onto using Stazon ink.



I grabbed some Memento ink, water and a paint brush and added a colour wash to the flowers, I gave them a little blast with my heat gun being careful not to melt the embossing powder and then fussy cut them.


I added a strip of green glitter tape to the right side of a 5x7" card blank and then added the flowers and leaves. I stamped a sentiment from Altenew using Stazon ink and then added some inky splatters from using the memento ink that I used for the flower.


The card will be added to my collection and at some point given to a friend or loved one.

Thank you for stopping by

Hugs Tx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I appreciate your comments.