24 June 2016

Paperbabe Stamps Challenge - Design team project

Yay it's friday, almost time for some R&R but first lets talk craft.

We have a new challenge live on the Paperbabe Stamps blog today.

The theme 
"Picture inspiration"



If you'd like to join in all you need to do is pop over to the blog and use the linkup to add your project, 
Paperbabe Stamps Challenges are open to everyone...
As usual you are welcome to combine with other challenges.

Here's my Design team project


I created my card by using stamps from the Folk Fabrique and Birthday Wishes stamp sets. I stamped them on to some linen fabric with Versafine ink, I then heat set it with my iron.

Next I used some cosmic shimmer luster fabric paint to create a background, I water the paint down and apply it to the fabric which I spritz with water first. The paint then bleeds creating a softer look, while wet I then sprinkle with course salt and leave to dry. As you can see the salt moves the paint around and leaves a blotchy effect.

Once dry I use the paint in it's raw state to add color to the Peacock, I added the fabric o the card using Red liner tape. I hand drew a sketchy border on the card and added some Aurora Borealis gems.

I hope you'll have a go at entering the challenge and look forward to seeing your creations.

Terri

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I appreciate your comments.