26 April 2016

Playing with Altenew stamps and Inks from my stash

So today I picked up a copy of "Simply cards and Papercraft" magazine as it had a freebie of Atenew goodies on the front cover.




I have been wanting to get my hands on Altenew stamps for a while but you know how it is when money is tight you have to make choices and my longing had to wait.  In the pack there are 9 stamps and 2 cutting dies.

I couldn't wait to get them home and start stamping, although my fun was delayed as I had to take my daughter to the Dr to get her dodgy knees checked.............

Altenew make and sell their own Crisp Dye Inks but as you guessed I don't have any of these yet so I had a play with the ones I own, mainly distress and Memento dew drop inks.



My experiment

I started with the Memento Inks, I stamped each layer of the stamps in the same colour in the hope it would build up depth and show the pattern of the stamps. Here is my results




Angel Pink


New Sprout


Cantaloupe



Paris Dusk




Next I tried the same technique with a distress ink pad, my results as my kids would say was an "Epic Fail"


Antique Linen




Then I thought how about using multiple shades of distress ink, here is how that worked out;


Antique Linen, Vintage Photo and Ground Espresso 



It gives an almost pop art effect, I think there may be times where this effect could be handy but not for what I want at the moment.

The verdict; I will be buying some Altenew ink when they are in stock and I have some money.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I appreciate your comments.