01 December 2015

Life in colour - Tutorial 11

Life in colour.


I love colour and how it makes me feel but when it comes to my crafting I easily fall into the habit of using the Same colour combinations so I decided it was time to step out of my comfort zone and play with colour.

Difficulty;   Beginner-Intermediate
Time;  45 min 

Materials;

Imagine Crafts featuring Tsukineko:  
Clear embossing powder
Momento luxe in Pear tart, Morocco and Dandelion
sponge daubers
ink potion no 9

Miscellaneous:
A4 Watercolour paper, Brayer, Pink acrylic paint, Tile, Stencil brush, Sequin waste (Punchinella), Old gift card/piece of plastic, Alphabet stencil – free from a craft magazine, Texture stencil, Heat gun and baby wipes.

Directions;



Add Pear Tart Ink on to the tile and spray with Ink Potion No 9, roll the brayer through the ink a few times, now roll this across the paper in several directions




Repeat this process with the Moroccan and Dandelion inks making sure to clean the tile and brayer between applications with the baby wipe so the ink doesn’t muddy.





Pick up some of the ink from the tile with a sponge dauber and apply it through the sequin waste.





Next put some Pink acrylic paint onto the tile and use an old gift/bank card to dab the paint.





Use the card to make some lines on the page to add another layer of dimension and colour.





Add some ink through a texture stencil using a stencil brush, the awesome thing about the Memento Luxe inks is that they are so creamy and stay wet until heat set.





Using an alphabet stencil and the Memento Luxe inks add the wording to your project, you can use different words to suit you.





When all the lettering is complete cover all inked areas with clear embossing powder and melt.              







Lastly, use the remaining ink on your brush to distress the edges of the paper with small circular movements.

Here is my finished project. I am going to use it as the front cover of an art journal which I will use to store all my colourful arty makes.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I appreciate your comments.