29 November 2015

Naturally Gorjuss - Tutorial 10



Good evening everyone, I hope you are all warm and safe out of this nasty storm.  Today I decided to make a natural looking card with a image from the Gorjuss range and wanted to share it with you so that you could have a go at making one too.





Here's how I made it;



I started with a A5 Kraft card blank and edged it with a dark brown alcohol marker




I used a Tonic studios tag die to cut a tag from some brown card




I then used the tag with it's oval inner ring to cut a patterned frame




The die set has a 3rd inner die which I used to cut a little oval mat which my image will sit on




I cut a little sentiment from brown card




To cut my image I used the inner most ring as a template I drew around it and cut it out with some scissors




Hand cutting a curved shape is never 100% perfect so I edged the image with a dark brown pen, this helps to detract from my wobbly cutting




I tied a little bow from 1 ply twine. I do this by making two loops and knotting them together as this results in the loops and tails sitting neatly opposite each other.




Now for laying the card up, I use hi tack glue to stick the brown tag base to the card




I then glue the tag frame in place




And then I added the oval mat




My image was cut from shiny card so I had to make sure to get good adhesion. A little added pressure while the glue grabs will help 




I then added my sentiment in the bottom as it makes you want to open the card and see who it's from




I then added some paper flowers to the corners and the bow I tied earlier




And here we have it, I think it's a super cute card and I love the natural look and feel.



I hope you like like it and if you do have a go at making one yourself please send me a link in the comments section below, Crafty Hugs T x

1 comment:

  1. what a sweet card, thanks for your interest in being a part of the Robin Nest DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I appreciate your comments.