24 November 2015

Mandala Magic - Julie Gibbons

Hi Guys and Girls

A quick post to tell you all about the wonderful free workshop by Julie Gibbons that I am taking part in. It's a 5 day workshop exploring Mandalas, there history, meaning and how to create them.

Julie Gibbons is a new discovery for me, I have always liked Mandalas as I am very attracted to patterns and colour, as a young child I would draw interlocked and overlapped circle patterns and colour them in whilst other children would draw more "detailed" pictures.

I am a firm believer that art is a personal thing in terms of both how it is viewed and made. I don't think there is a right and wrong and do get cross when Art teachers criticise children's work.

Over the next few days I hope to have a better understanding of the Mandala and create some beautiful pieces of art.

I will be sharing my work here and also on my facebook page.  Julie Gibbons is running a 2016 Mandala Magic workshop, details can be found on here website below.

http://www.juliegibbons.com/

Hugs T x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I appreciate your comments.