15 May 2015

Feeling Frugal

Hi Guys

I hope you are all keeping well and looking forward to the weekend, I personally can not wait for a lie in.

So what have I been up to this week, I received an email from Hobbycraft to tell me that my book folded birdcage had won a runners up prize in their make of the month competition and would be featuring on their blog, very happy here (lots of grinning)

Next I decided to challenge myself to use the waste material/packaging of a recently brought craft item.............

I purchased a pack of 6 circular wreath bases from craftwork cards so that I could use up some of the flowers I made a while back that have been sat in an ice cream tub waiting a more loving home.


As you can see in the picture they are made from grey chipboard, when use push out the piece you need you are left with a aperture and a circle, both far to useful to be thrown away.

So after a little deliberation I decided to make 6 hanging decorations;







6 Picture frames;






and of course there was the 6 wreaths; 








It was a full day of crafting to get these all finished and photographed but well worth it, I have taken step by step picture of the photo frames and will upload a tutorial very soon.

I hope you all have lots of crafty fun, feel free to leave comments and questions

T x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I appreciate your comments.